Re: [Orgmode] easypg and multiple prompts

From: Daniel Clemente
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] easypg and multiple prompts
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 00:53:42 +0100

Richard Riley <address@hidden> writes:

> (require 'epa)
> (epa-file-enable)
>
> although I thinks its default is on anyway.
  Yes.

> One is prompted three times for the passphrase

  I got the same behaviour when using 3 mail accounts in Gnus which make use of
one sole authinfo file. I described this in [1].

  Yes, there is some caché for easypg. I turned it on via:
(setq epa-file-cache-passphrase-for-symmetric-encryption t)
  and now it asks me the password just one time. I think this will be useful
also for Org.

  The code (Gnus and Org-mode), however, seem to be accessing the same data
many times instead of being „smart“ and reading all needed data in just one go.
But I doubt this makes a difference in terms of efficiency, since the involved
files are small.

[1] http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/GnusEncryptedAuthInfo