Re: [Orgmode] Re: Using yasnippet with org Mode

From: Ian Barton
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Using yasnippet with org Mode
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 09:34:25 +0000

As for using yasnippets with tab, the following successfully binds tab
to yas/expand when I start emacs with

  emacs -Q  (skips loading customization)

and then evaluate the following elisp to load yasnippets and org-mode

(load "~/emacs/elisp/util/yasnippet.el")
(yas/initialize)
(yas/load-directory "~/emacs/snippets")
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/emacs/org")
(require 'org)
(add-hook 'org-mode-hook
          (lambda ()
            ;; yasnippet
            (make-variable-buffer-local 'yas/trigger-key)
            (setq yas/trigger-key [tab])
            (define-key yas/keymap [tab] 'yas/next-field-group)))

This works for me using a fairly recent Emacs 23 from cvs.

Thanks, I have tried that, but it didn't work for me:) I am using Emacs 22.2.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2008-09-05 on vernadsky, modified by Ubuntu. I have also tried binding Yasnippet to the F1 key, which isn't used by anything else. Whilst this works in text mode, it doesn't in org mode.

I'll ask in the Yasnippet list and see if they can suggest anything.

Ian.