Re: [Orgmode] Bug - using Plain lists and Checkboxes in the same level

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Bug - using Plain lists and Checkboxes in the same level
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 15:40:34 +0100

Hi Tian,

In Org-mode, you cannot mix different bullet types
in the same list.  When you add a new item, with M-RET,
the list will be checked and all the bullets will be
forced to be the same type (and if the list is numbered,
it will be renumbered).  In your example, since the first
item is a numbered item, all the items in the plain list
are forced to be numbered items.  The same will happen
if you go to the checkbox item itself and press M-RET
there.

However, your checkbox is still a checkbox!  Any
plain-list bullet type can support a checkbox, so also
numbered plain lists can do that.

Hope this helps.

- Carsten