[Orgmode] Repeating events within a time range and ics exporting

From: Ming-Wei Chang
Subject: [Orgmode] Repeating events within a time range and ics exporting
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 13:18:50 -0600

Hi all,

   Currently I am a student and I heavily use orgmode to manage my
   agenda. I must say that orgmode is very cool! I am using emacs 23
   from CVS and orgmode 6.14 now.

   Right now I am looking for a way such that I can schedule a task
   repeatedly within a time period. For example, I have a class on every
   Wed in Dec 2008. I hope that I can assign the task in the following way

   * Class A
   <2008-12-01 Wed 15:00-17:00 +1w>--<2008-12-31 Wed>

   However, currently orgmode seems not to support this kind of syntax.

   I know that I can use the diary sexp. For example, I can have

   * Class A
   <%%(and (diary-block 01 12 2008 31 12 2008) (= 3 (calendar-day-of-week
date)))>

   It worked. Unfortunately, there are two problems of this approach.

   1) It seems that I cannot specify the "hours" using this approach.
   For example, I try

   <%%(and (diary-block 01 12 2008 31 12 2008) (= 3 (calendar-day-of-week
date))) 15:00-17:00>

   , and it is not working.

   2) More importantly, it seems that entry with sexp cannot be exported
   when I tried to export my org files into a ics file. This is very
   bad for me, because I constantly upload my org agenda into google
   calendar. Therefore, this makes it unusable to me.

   I believe that somebody has already mention something like
   this. However, I tried to google it and still could not find the
   answer.

   Any comment on this?

Best,

Ming-Wei