Re: [Orgmode] Any performance loss with radio targets?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Any performance loss with radio targets?
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 23:46:49 +0100

Hi Matt,

Hundreds or thousands of radio links would be disastrous, direct links will work fine.

- Carsten

On Dec 10, 2008, at 9:34 PM, Matthew Lundin wrote:

Hello everyone,

I very much like the convenience of radio targets but was wondering
whether an inordinate number of radio targets/links can slow down
org-mode as it opens files.

I'd like to use internal links to connect notes with their sources.

For instance:

----

* Auther, Title, Year.
<<<AuthorYear>>>

[...]

* Note

"Here is a quote."
AuthorYear

----

If I plan on having hundreds such links in a file (and perhaps
thousands in all my org files), would there be any performance gained
by using explicit internal links instead of the radio targets? I.e.,

<<AuthorYear>>

[[AuthorYear]]

I'm assuming the difference would be minimal but would like to confirm
this before committing to the first method. Needless to say, it would
be easier to convert the second type of links to the first with
search/replace than the first to the second.

Thanks,

Matt