Re: [Orgmode] Saving column views in agenda

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Saving column views in agenda
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 08:55:57 +0100

On Dec 11, 2008, at 8:09 PM, Eric Schulte wrote:

Matthew Lundin <address@hidden> writes:

Eric,

Thanks so much. The updated org-collector works beautifully. This is a
very nice way to perform calculations on subsets of data. I don't
suppose there's any chance of generating a table that contains only
the items in the subset (e.g., only items in which string= spendtype
"food")?

Hi Matthew,

Good idea.  I've added a :conds parameter which can do just that, see
the example below.  Notice that :conds should be a list of tests, not
just one single test, if this proves awkward it would be easy to add
a :cond parameter which doesn't require a list.

One issue with this setup, is that it's not clear what a stable way
would be to specify the #+TBLFM line. Since the size of the table could
vary the field in which the sum should be placed could move around.
With the table below a #+TBLFM line like this

 #+TBLFM: @II+1$2=vsum(@address@hidden)

would work, but currently org-table does not allow the @I style
references before the = sign in the table formula.  I wonder if this
would be hard difficult to change?

Hi Eric,

I do like this syntax, and I am sure that would be possible,
but I do not oversee it, it would be quite complicated and
would have to be changed in multiple locations, messing with
well-tested regular expressions etc.  I would need
significant quiet time, which I don't hve right now.
See also my reply to Matt's message.

- Carsten

Thanks -- Eric

* Example

#+BEGIN: propview :id "december" :conds ((string= spendtype "food")) :cols (ITEM amount)
| "ITEM"                           | "amount" |
|----------------------------------+----------|
| "Grocery Store [2008-12-01 Mon]" |    56.77 |
| "Restaurant [2008-12-08 Mon]"    |    30.67 |
|----------------------------------+----------|
|                                  |    87.44 |
#+TBLFM: @4$2=vsum(@address@hidden)
#+END:

** December Spending
  :PROPERTIES: