Re: [Orgmode] Possible to get a subtree agenda view? --- possible bug?

From: Robert Goldman
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Possible to get a subtree agenda view? --- possible bug?
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 16:35:08 -0600

Matthew Lundin wrote:
> Hi Robert,

>> Is there any existing way to do this, or should I start rooting around
>> in the code?
>
> For a custom agenda command:
>
> (setq org-agenda-custom-commands
>       '(("f" tags-tree "+car+TODO=\"TODO\""
>        ((org-show-entry-below t)
>         (org-show-hierarchy-above nil)))
>           ;; other commands
>         ))

Actually, I just tried this with a recent git pull, and when I try to
execute it, it crashes, with the following error:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Cannot execute org-mode agenda
command on buffer in org-agenda-mode.")
  signal(error ("Cannot execute org-mode agenda command on buffer in
org-agenda-mode."))
  ad-Orig-error("Cannot execute org-mode agenda command on buffer in
%s." org-agenda-mode)
  apply(ad-Orig-error ("Cannot execute org-mode agenda command on buffer
in %s." org-agenda-mode))
  error("Cannot execute org-mode agenda command on buffer in %s."
org-agenda-mode)
  org-check-for-org-mode()
  byte-code(...)
  org-agenda(nil)
  call-interactively(org-agenda)

Looks like something's being called here that is only callable in
org-mode, not org-agenda-mode.

Indeed, looking at org-agenda, I see:

               ((eq type 'tags-tree)
                (org-check-for-org-mode)
                (org-let lprops '(org-tags-sparse-tree current-prefix-arg
match)))

Aren't we always in org-agenda-mode at this point?

I tried moving to a different buffer (in emacs-lisp mode) to invoke the
same command, thinking it might be a problem specifically with invoking
this custom agenda from inside org-agenda-mode, but then got the same
error with emacs-lisp-mode instead of org-agenda-mode

I have just this moment pulled an update from git, so I think this bug
is current (unless it's some weird misconfiguration on my part).