Re: [Orgmode] Possible to get a subtree agenda view?

From: Robert Goldman
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Possible to get a subtree agenda view?
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 21:35:44 -0600

Matthew Lundin wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> Robert Goldman <address@hidden> writes:
>> I think it would be appropriate to have a tutorial like this in Worg,
>> but not a replacement.  If you look at the custom agenda commands
>> discussion in the manual, you will see that there is a discussion of how
>> most of the fields of custom command s-expression are to be used, but no
>> mention of the settings.  I was just arguing that modifying the example
>> in the manual (or, possibly adding material from your example to it)
>> would be useful.
>
> Sorry to perpetuate our endless thread, but I was wondering whether
> section 10.6.3 of the manual has the information you are looking for?
> It states that the options that can be set in
> org-agenda-custom-commands are the options that control "agenda
> construction and display" and it offers a few examples.

Yes, you are quite right.  I was reading this in the info reader in
emacs (instead of in PDF which I sometimes do), and when I didn't find
what I wanted in the main page (10.6.1, I believe), I jumped directly to
the docstring for the function.  Hypertext considered harmful! ;-)

Seriously, when I look at those info pages, I think I lose track of too
much context.  I'll go back and reread the pdf and I will probably do a
lot better.

thanks again for all of your help,