Re: [Orgmode] Print headlines including DEADLINE?

From: Christopher DeMarco
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Print headlines including DEADLINE?
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 22:12:43 -0500

On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 08:17:38AM +0100, Carsten Dominik wrote:

> you may want to take a look at column view, which can show the deadline.
> Get back here when you cannot figure out how to do this.

OK, so I can't figure out how to do this :-)

First, how I'm using org-mode:

Inside ~/working I have nested project directories; some for home and
some for work; projects within projects within projects.  Whenever I
need a new PROJECTNAME.org, I create it wherever in the hierarchy it
belongs, and then symlink it into the proper toplevel (which roughly
corresponds to the start of a particular SVN or Git repository).  This
way, I have much smaller list of org-agenda-files to maintain.

I have some custom agenda views defined, that tell me things like what
I have to do today, and what to do in various contexts etc.  For this
I aggregate all of the .org files I've written.

I don't want to go adding a :COLUMNS: property to every .org file that
I want to include in a custom view; I'd rather define :COLUMNS: for
"types" of views that I want.  Where would I define this?  I suppose
that I could write definitions in "hidden" files that get explicitly
sourced based on what view I want, but that seems roundabout...

Thanks... and org-mode rocks!

--
Christopher DeMarco <address@hidden>
IT Director