Re: [Orgmode] structure editing in brainstorming mode

From: Matthew Lundin
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] structure editing in brainstorming mode
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 14:10:55 -0600

Hi Scott,

Scott Otterson <address@hidden> writes:

> On 12/29/2008 9:00 AM, Matthew Lundin <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>     <...>
>     "Rustom Mody" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>     <..>
>
>         2. Converting heading type
>
>     C-c - or S-<left>/<right> should do the trick.
>
> This does replace '+' or whatever with '*' but it doesn't add the leading
> stars, turning a list into a heading.  But C-* does the trick.

Thanks for alerting me to this. I had been using C-c - and then
something like C-u - 5 C-x TAB to get rid of the white space to create
1st level headings.

C-* looks to be much more efficient!

There's always something new to learn about org-mode! I updated the
FAQ accordingly. (The new explanation should show up in an hour and a
half.)

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.php#convert-plain-lists-to-headlines

Regards,

Matt