[Orgmode] Re: Org and financial data

From: Memnon Anon
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Org and financial data
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 09:28:26 +0100

Hi!

Manish <address@hidden> writes:

> Have you considered (a more convenient and flexible approach, IMHO)
> John Weigley's Ledger [1]

Well, I heard of it. But I am hesitating to learn another tool.
But hey, there is a Debian Package, so I will have a look at it.
This sentence from the info file looks promising:

,---- [Ledger Info File: 1. Introduction
|  As you keep your ledger, you are recording information about your
| life and habits, and sometimes that information can start telling you
| things you aren't aware of.  Such is the aim of all good accounting
| tools.
`----

I just thought this would be way too sophisticated for my simple needs.
Thanks for the tip, I am looking into it ...