[Orgmode] Re: Org and financial data

From: Memnon Anon
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Org and financial data
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 05:09:59 +0100

Hey!
Matthew Lundin <address@hidden> writes:

>> I think orgmode is the way to go.
>
> If your needs are simple (i.e., just tracking discretionary spending)
> you might consider using properties and column views to keep track of
> where your money is going. I find that this creates a nice way to sum
> up weekly, monthly, and yearly expenditures. I described my admittedly
> simple setup in this post:

Well, for now, my needs are simple. This may change, but keeping a
double-entry accounting system seems overkill for my very limited
budget as a student. Your setup is great, I played with it a while,
and I think I will test and adopt/extend it to my needs.

> For more sophisticated financial tracking, I'd probably recommend a
> tool devoted to that purpose.

Well, ledger is still installed.
Some day, I will have a closer look at this. But for now, I have
other things to do ...

Thank you *very* much for this basic setup!

memnon

P.S.: btw.: It seems that cc is widely used on this mailinglist.
            So I use it even if I know the person is subscribed.
            Is this the preferred way? Every list has its own conventions :(