[Orgmode] Re: shortcut keys for mark ups

From: Patrick Drechsler
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: shortcut keys for mark ups
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 21:27:59 +0100

Bernt Hansen schrieb:
[snipped nice code]

How can I extend this function to wrap the current selection into a

#+BEGIN_SRC
...code...
#+END_SRC

string while also interactively asking the user for a language string?

;;  ============================================================
;; Puts current selection between #+BEGIN_SRC and #+END_SRC
;; and ask for language
;;  ============================================================
;; TODO:
;;  1. Retrieve beginning (C-SPACE) and
;;     end of selection (current position)
;;  2. Ask for language and insert that string
;;     after `#+BEGIN_SRC '
(defun my-wrap-src ()
  (interactive)
  (save-excursion
    (beginning-of-line)
    (insert "#+BEGIN_SRC\n")
    (end-of-line)
    (insert "\n#+END_SRC")))
(define-key org-mode-map (kbd "<f9> s") 'my-wrap-src)

Example org code before function call:

* Sample Code
public class Bla {
                System.out.println("Hello");
        }
}

With the code above:

- Mark the region: C-SPACE on the letter `p' of the string `public' and moving the cursor behind the last closing curly bracket.

- String after being asked for a language: `java'

Example org code after function call:

* Sample Code
#+BEGIN_SRC java
public class Bla {