[Orgmode] Link to heading in another org file

From: Daniel Clemente
Subject: [Orgmode] Link to heading in another org file
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 09:59:40 +0100

Hi,
  I'm trying to link to a heading in another org file. I assume it's possible
and I remember a related discussion (maybe about those links in HTML), but I
didn't find it.
  I tried to use intuitively this syntax (it doesn't work):

[[file:proj.org#*some heading]]

  This is similar to [[gnus:group#id]]. This syntax would disallow using # in a
file name, but I think this is reasonable to do. It can be escaped with [#]
like spaces.

  Whether org uses this syntax or another, no example of this appears at
http://orgmode.org/manual/External-links.html#External-links . It could be
added there.

Thanks,

Daniel