Re: [Orgmode] arithmatic error when scheduling +0d

From: Gijs Hillenius
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] arithmatic error when scheduling +0d
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 16:10:44 +0100

On 14 Jan 2009, Matthew Lundin wrote:

> Gijs Hillenius <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Say, in one of my files, I had a
>>
>> ** TODO Pay taxes
>> SCHEDULED: <2009-01-15 Thu +0d>
>>
>> which the last few days (?) has been causing an
>>
>> org-closest-date: Arithmetic error

(snip and undo the top-quote)

> Hi Gijs,
>
> While you can use +0 to schedule an event for today after typing C-c
> C-s on a headline, I don't believe you can use +0d for a repeating
> timestamp. If it did work, it would cause a task to repeat forever on
> the same day - so that's probably why it isn't supported. To create a
> task that repeats each day, +1d is what you want.
>
> Best,
> Matt

Thanks! But I thought the +0d in "SCHEDULED: <2009-01-15 Thu +0d>"
means that I would be warned about this TODO item not 14 days or less
before the date, but only on the date itself. Maybe I should have
written +0, as per http://orgmode.org/org.html#Timestamps

I have a feeling this behaviour changed "recently" in org-mode. But
it is probably just me.

--
Declared guilty... of displaying feelings of an almost human nature.
                -- Pink Floyd, "The Wall"