[Orgmode] exporting from org to excel

From: Rustom Mody
Subject: [Orgmode] exporting from org to excel
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 13:56:42 +0530

This is a cross post of something I asked on the emacs list.  Since
the questions are partly around emacs, partly org (and mostly WIN-XP
:-)
I hope its ok to cross-post.
-------------------------------------
I want to write a bit of elisp to take a file/buffer in org-mode and
export the tables to an excel sheet.

I know (very little) of how to write the code to make an excel sheet
from wscript. eg
giving wscript the following, opens a blank excel sheet:

Set objExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
objExcel.Workbooks.Add
objExcel.Visible = True

Is there some easy/natural way to get this functionality inside elisp?