Re: [Orgmode] Command key problem in agenda view

From: Bruce Hackett
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Command key problem in agenda view
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 11:56:11 +0000

Thanks, Daniel,

You were right! Actually, I had thought of your suggestion before and I had in fact renamed the system org.elc some time ago to get rid of it. Since then, my OS was upgraded from fc5 to ubuntu, and I didn't hit upon the possibility that the system org.elc (v4.67!) was now back in business. I did a rename again and now I'm in v6.17.

However, there is another small issue here: Isn't there a better way to locally install an updated version of an emacs package that comes with a centrally managed OS? In my case, there is an enterprise-wide installation of emacs that I cannot change - I had to ask a system administrator to make the filename change for me.

Cheers, Bruce

Daniel Clemente wrote:
Hi,

  similar strange things happened to me because Emacs was loading the system
org-mode (the one installed by Emacs) instead of the org-mode I had put in my
personal directory. Therefore an old version of org-mode was being loaded, with
less features than expected.

  Check your configuration; try   M-x org-version   and be sure that you are
running the latest org-mode (current one is 6.17c).

  At your ~/.emacs you should have something like

  (add-to-list 'load-path "/somewhere/org-mode/lisp") (require 'org-install)

  And not (require 'org).

  Just an idea.

Daniel

  Bruce Hackett                         Senior Scientist
  Norwegian Meteorological Institute (met.no), R & D Div.
  P.O. Box 43 - Blindern                e-mail: address@hidden
  N-0313 Oslo                           Phone:  +47 22 96 33 39
  NORWAY                                Fax:    +47 22 96 33 80
                                        Mob:    +47 48 048 958