Re: [Orgmode] Command key problem in agenda view

From: Daniel Clemente
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Command key problem in agenda view
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 14:26:25 +0100

> However, there is another small issue here: Isn't there a better way to
> locally
> install an updated version of an emacs package that comes with a centrally
> managed OS? In my case, there is an enterprise-wide installation of emacs
> that I
> cannot change - I had to ask a system administrator to make the filename
> change
> for me.

  Well, yes; many people do that. You just install your files in a local
directory (I use ~/.emacs.d/, for instance ~/.emacs.d/org-6.17c) and ask Emacs
to use it; in your .emacs.el:
  (add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/org-6.17c/lisp") (require 'org-install)

  Automatically, Emacs loads the one you specified instead of the global one. I
think it is because add-to-list adds elements at the beginning of the list,
therefore with more priority. Check: C-h v load-path RET

  I never had the problem of a global file overwriting my settings; Emacs
behaves very well with that.

-- Daniel