Re: [Orgmode] Attachment feature - Can I have custom directories?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Attachment feature - Can I have custom directories?
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 09:27:35 +0100

On Jan 11, 2009, at 2:47 AM, Jason Jackson wrote:

There are many times where I would like to associate an org-mode item with a specific directory of my choosing for attachment directory.

Such that, C-c C-a f would open for example ~/docs/project1
and C-c C-a o would open the file inside

Of course, I still like the existing functionality of generating random directory names too.

Can org-mode do this?

You know, I think this could be very useful, so I have
implemented it.  Along with an idea I wanted to have in
myself: Using the same directory to an entire subtree, so
that a project may use a single attachment directory.

If you get the new git version, `C-c C-a s' will allow to
select a directory of your choice.

And `C-c C-a i' will mark an entry as a parent whose children
will inherit the attachment directory.

Thanks for pushing this.

Also I should mention C-c C-a l (for symbolic links) just copies the file on the windows platform, can we have it create a shortcut instead?

`C-c C-a l' does not make symbolic links, it makes hard links.
And there is as far as know no equivalent for this under Windows.

- Carsten