Re: [Orgmode] Re: [IDEA] HTML-export literal examples to textarea

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: [IDEA] HTML-export literal examples to textarea
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 12:59:42 +0100

Manish <address@hidden> writes:
> Ditto.  Some of the documents I prepared for a team to follow was also
> used exactly like that: copy-paste a small section, enter some text by
> hand in terminal, copy-paste the remaining portion.  What happens when
> you edit the text in text area and save the HTML file?  Does the
> modification get saved?

No. You'd need a <form> for that as well as a PHP/Perl/Python script on
the Server to do something with the data (assumed that `put' method is
disabled which is the most common case).

I do think textareas are a good thing too. Long lines, CTRL-a to select
everything and so on.

I think Carstens suggetion to have something in org-exp-blocks.el is a
good idea, since it takes the complexity there. The export as textarea
is not complex, but the export as highlighted HTML is (think of all the
other options we have now, like line numbers...). So it might be nice
and clean to get textarea code out of the way.

Regards,

--
Sebastian Rose, EMMA STIL - mediendesign, Niemeyerstr.6, 30449 Hannover
Tel.:  +49 (0)511 - 36 58 472