Re: [Orgmode] elisp code location?

From: Matthew Lundin
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] elisp code location?
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 12:22:09 -0600

Hi David,

David St-Hilaire <address@hidden> writes:

> No reason, I was just trying to understand how to publishing system
> works. I couldn't make it work so far. I now have setup my project
> alist in my .emacs file (and reloaded my .emacs) and when I try to
> publish my project, nothing happens...

When precisely does nothing happen? After you call org-publish?

> Here is what I added to my .emacs:
>
> (setq org-publish-project-alist
>       '(("plan"
>          :base-directory "/home/dave/projet/maitrise/memoire"
>          :publishing-directory "/home/dave/projet/maitrise/memoire/html"
>          :section-numbers nil
>          :table-of-contents t
>          :publishing-function org-publish-org-to-html)))
>
> A strange thing I noticed is that when I use M-x and type org-publish
> then press tab, I only get:
>
> Possible completions are:
> org-publish                        org-publish-all
> org-publish-current-file           org-publish-current-project
> org-publish-initialize-files-alist
> org-publish-project

You've set org-publish-to-html in your org-publish-project-alist, so
that means that it will be the publishing function for the project
"plan". So when you call org-publish with one of the functions above, it
should publish the project "plan" to html in the publishing-directory
you've specified.

You might want to add the line

:base-extension "org"

to your publishing alist, though I'm not sure whether that's absolutely
necessary.

- Matt