[Orgmode] Novice questions about using git for personal data files

From: Alan E. Davis
Subject: [Orgmode] Novice questions about using git for personal data files
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 21:55:57 +1000

I followed the steps outlined in the worg tutorial about using git to keep track of changes to one's own org data tree.

I still don't understand: how does one go about recovering an earlier version of a file that has been corrupted?  Is there a good tutorial on this aspect of using git?  I really like this idea, especially since I have several times bodged an org-mode file by foolishly doing this:
   C-x C-T *

and making other importune mistakes.

Thank you,

--
Alan

It is undesirable to believe a proposition when
there is no ground whatsoever for supposing it is true.
 -- Bertrand Russell