Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org-Mode in Windows

From: Manish
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org-Mode in Windows
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 00:15:05 +0530

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 9:26 PM, Bailey wrote:
> Hi Manish,
>
> I tried putting in the configuration from John Wigley on the link you gave:
>
> http://www.newartisans.com/blog/2007/08/using-org-mode-as-a-day-planner.html
>
> and then use M-x load-file...
>
> Unfortunately, I got the following messages:
> eval-buffer: Cannot open load file: remember
>
> Seems like my copy of emacs have a lot of missing things. I did a file
> search and there's no remember... and also no diff
>
> Do you think emacs 22.3.1 version that I downloaded is the problem?

No, Emacs is not the problem here.

You could just add minimal configuration (some emailed earlier) and
start using it (load .emacs) manually if need be till you understand the
beast some more.  Org should be usable even with that.

I would highly recommend going through the series of tutorials here
first.
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/views/aix/libraryview.jsp?search_by=emacs+editing+environment

And then going through various tutorials and articles in Worg and keep
adding stuff that you like and find useful to your .emacs incrementally
as you understand more about Emacs and Org-mode.  Emacswiki is also a
rich source of information and resources.

HTH
--
Manish