Re: [Orgmode] Remind functionality?

From: Nicholas S-A
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Remind functionality?
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 18:32:19 -0500

Hi,

* Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> [2009-01-25 22:17:16 +0100]:

It is unlikely that this can be make faster in a significant way.
Why is it a problem????  Even if it takes 10 seconds?
Ah, I see, you do this in every new shell??????  This sounds
unnecessary, to say the least.
Maybe you have to explain better what exactly your are doing....

So, the way I currently use remind is run it as "remind ~/.remind" in my
.bash_profile. It reminds me of deadlines and events at any login shell,
so that I don't forget about them (and also so they are fast to access).
This works well, as it is quick to load and doesn't contribute
significantly to the login time at e.g. a Terminal window or SSH
connection. The problem comes because I now use org-mode agenda to
schedule everything, so I have to enter upcoming events twice -- once in
my agenda files, and once in ~/.remind. As such, I thought I could
improve my workflow by just printing the emacs agenda instead of running
remind -- but this is slow. I also tried with emacsclient, but that
didn't improve it any.

No, this is not possible.  The only handle you have is the variable
org-agenda-deadline-leaders, maybe you can do something with this.

Thanks, I will look into it.

Thank you for the prompt reply!
Nicholas