Re: [Orgmode] Re: filtering timeline view

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: filtering timeline view
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 00:31:02 +0100

On Jan 29, 2009, at 9:03 PM, Ilya Shlyakhter wrote:

Thanks!
Is there a way to include this secondary filter into a custom agenda view?

Also, a couple of suggestions for the agenda view:

- C-h C-m should display the available commands, like in other Emacs modes
   - there should be a command to remotely visibility-cycle the
currently highlighted node in the original org buffer
   - days on which there are no agenda entries after secondary
filtering should be removed from the timeline list
   - would be good to be able to do a secondary filter on the
contents of the entries (like with keyword search), rather than just
on the tags.

In general, the number of commands to remember seems very large.
It would be good if there was, in addition, a simple general way to
select a subset of the entries,
specifying:
  - whether to search just this file or all agenda files
- what regexp the entry header and/or the entry text must match, or not match
  - what tags the entry must have or not have
  - what date range the entry must be labelled with
then specifying how to sort the results: by date, (then) by tag;
ascending/descending; etc.

 It would also be good if some of these conditions could be entered
dynamically at the prompt, where they would be lisp-compiled and
applied to generate the needed agenda.

Hi Ilya,

start with the manual, and the FAQ, and then see what remains
of your questions/requests.

- Carsten

ilya