Re: [Orgmode] Empty lines between headers

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Empty lines between headers
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 07:46:21 +0100

Hi Cameron,

a relatively recent change is causing this new behavior.

The default is now to automatically insert an empty line
if the current headline does also have an empty line before it.

So If you have an empty line before "header 1", then you
will get an empty line before "header 2".  However, if you
then go back and remove the empty line before "header 2"
and afterwards insert a "header 3", no empty line will be
inserted.
The same is true for plain list items.

It seems to me that this is the best behavior, but if
you always prefer no empty line, customize the variable
`org-blank-before-new-entry'.

HTH

- Carsten