R: [Orgmode] POLL: the 40 variables project

From: Giovanni Ridolfi
Subject: R: [Orgmode] POLL: the 40 variables project
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 08:43:01 +0000 (GMT)

--- Gio 29/1/09, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> ha scritto:
> list all the Org-related variables that you have
> customized, along with the values you used?
>
> - why you set the variable like this
> - if you feel that the default value of that variable
>   should be different
> - Any other comments you might what to give.

I prefer customization on a per-file basis. I have
only 3 files, I began such way and did not investigate
if it is possible to define everything in .emacs like:

(setq org-todo-keywords /namefile/ "TODO WtF DONE")

Here we go:

 file 1
#+SEQ_TODO: TODO WAITING-FOR DONE
; why? GTD scheme.
#+STARTUP: overview lognoterepeat hidestars
[1]; hidestars makes the outline look clearer

 file 2
#+STARTUP: content
[2]; why? I need to se the content of the tree
#+STARTUP: customtime
[3]; why? I have to use such format in column view
;
; comment: would it be possible also to *export*
;          the time in such format?
;
#+DRAWERS: dummy
[4]; why? I use this file as a database, so need to see the :PROPERTIES:
drawers contents with the values of every variable.

#Local Variables:
#org-time-stamp-custom-formats : ("<%d-%m-%Y>" . "<%d-%m-%Y %a %H:%M>")
#End:

 file 3
#+SEQ_TODO: READ DONE
[5]; why? Its a file I use to remember to read scientific
; journals the day  they're published on web

..emacs
org-remember-templates
; my templates ;-)

(custom-set-variables
 '(org-agenda-files
; why? does my file coincide with Carsten's ones? ;-)
;
 '(safe-local-variable-values (quote ((org-export-html-style . "
[6]; why? because I have to export file to html & import in M$Word
;      for sharing with coworkers

-------------------
Summary for Manish:

| Submitter        | Variable                      | Value
      | Comment  |
| Giovanni Ridolfi | org-startup-options           | overview lognoterepeat
hidestars | [1]      |
| Giovanni Ridolfi | org-startup-options           | content  customtime
      | [2] [3]  |
| Giovanni Ridolfi | org-time-stamp-custom-formats |
      |          |
| Giovanni Ridolfi | org-todo-keywords             | TODO WAITING-FOR DONE
      | GDT      |
| Giovanni Ridolfi | org-todo-keywords             | READ DONE
      | [5]      |
| Giovanni Ridolfi | org-drawers                   | dummy
      | [4]      |
| Giovanni Ridolfi | org-remember-templates        |
      | personal |
| Giovanni Ridolfi | org-agenda-files              |
      | personal |
| Giovanni Ridolfi | org-export-html-style         |

cheers
Giovanni