Re: [Orgmode] Ido and org-refile/org-goto question

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Ido and org-refile/org-goto question
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 22:30:23 -0700

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 07:34, Matthew Lundin <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm trying to set up ido for completion with org-refile and org-goto. My
> question is whether I should expect TAB to work with ido within org.

I get similar or the same behavior as you describe.  I also get severe
slowness (almost a minute per character typed and c-g not always
working) at times, and a peculiar bug where if you press TAB enough
times (try this) it actually shows a filesystem path name instead of
an olpath.

I wrote to Kim Storm with backtrace and detailed explanation of one of
the bugs, no reply.  It might be up to the users to maintain ido; I
don't know its status.

Meanwhile, there was a post on emacs-help recently with some speedup
changes to ido.  Have not tried them yet.

Despite the bugs, I find ido indispensable, to the point where I
simply would not refile without it.

--
For personal and corporate gain, myalgic encephalomyelitis denialists
are knowingly causing massive suffering and 25-years-early death by