Re: [Orgmode] footnote questions

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] footnote questions
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 22:37:05 -0700

Hi Carsten,

\\ would work OK for me, but perhaps there is a solution even without
it.  Useful because \\ does not fill correctly, in my filladapt setup,
at least.

I am likely to use footnotes in one of 2 ways: the document is the
body of a single entry, in which case I want footnotes at the end of
that, or the document is the whole org file.

I tried the former, and it of course does not insert "Footnotes:".
However, if it did, perhaps it would be easier to code having more
than one paragraph.

This is, for me, not a big issue at all.  Just a suggestion that might work.

By the way, I found that sorting footnotes had the effect of not
sorting them fully (at least when there is one foothnote that was
deleted; have not narrowed down) and also moving footnotes in other
parts of the org file.  When I am using footnotes in one part of an
org file, I would want other parts not to be affected.

So perhaps a variable can control this behavior.  Perhaps by
unoverloading org-footnote-section?

Again not a huge issue, just a suggestion.

Thanks for the tips.