Re: [Orgmode] Can't make TODO dependencies work

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Can't make TODO dependencies work
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 19:03:46 +0100

On Feb 1, 2009, at 6:45 PM, John Rakestraw wrote:

A clarification re this part of my initial message:

     2. If I start emacs/org-mode with a minimal configuration, open
        this file, then delete the header line beginning "#+SEQ_TODO"
        and refresh the settings, dependencies work.

This is misleading. I realized that dependencies *do* work consistently
in the minimal configuration. With the header line in the test file, I
can change the main task from TODO to STARTED (or to any of the other
non-done states), but I'm blocked from changing it to DONE.

This is how it should be.

But they still don't work with my usual configuration.

Well, if the value of org-blocker-hook is nil in this case, I
am not surprised!   Why is it nil?  If you set the
org-enforce... variables, the hook should be filled
with the two functions.

Apologies.

--John