[Orgmode] Installing on windows

From: Bill Raynor
Subject: [Orgmode] Installing on windows
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 11:19:50 -0600

I and many others would be grateful for a detailed step-by-step tutorial on installing org-mode on windows. The basic instructions work just fine on, say, OS X (edit makefile, make and make install) but don't work on windows. Using emacs on windows is quite simple (download and install) but updating Org doesn't work so well.

In the past I've used dired to attempt to compile the directory directly, which gets lots of error messages, but sort of works. I read a recent post on installing cygwin, but that doesn't quite work, as the post neglected to mention that you have to install cygwin + some unspecified packages (to get make, for instance). I trying that now.  I am also using the W32 version of emacs.