Re: [Orgmode] Re: Return on a task behaves like TAB

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Return on a task behaves like TAB
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 10:29:23 +0100

On Feb 5, 2009, at 10:23 AM, Ulf Stegemann wrote:

Hi Bernt,

Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> wrote:

** Some Task...
** Another task...

and I want to add detail at the end of 'Some Task'. What I used to do was just put the point at the beginning of the line for ** Another Task
and then hit RETURN to insert a blank line and move up to it to add
detail.

just as a side note: wouldn't it be better to use C-o (`open-line')
instead of RET (`newline')? This would leave the cursor probably where
you want it to be without the need for an additional C-p.

I am actually permanently reverting the change in the default value of
org-return-follows-link.  I will implement it a more safe way
so that people who want can safely use it, but it will not become
the default as it sort-of conflicts with Emacs rules (which
state that RET should make new lines unless there is a very
good reason for it...

- Carsten