Re: [Orgmode] Sorting a column of inactive dates

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Sorting a column of inactive dates
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 16:53:38 +0100

On Feb 3, 2009, at 1:06 AM, Hsiu-Khuern Tang wrote:

Hi all,

I have a table where one column consists of inactive dates, such as this:

  | Date             | OK? |
  |------------------+-----|
  | [2009-01-30 Fri] | x   |
  | [2009-01-27 Tue] | x   |
  | [2009-01-28 Wed] | x   |

I can't sort the table by that column. If I change the dates to active, then
sorting (by time) works fine.  Is this behavior intentional?

Yes, intentional, because the same routine also does sorting of
entries and should prefer active time stamps.  However, I realize that
we can still look for an inactive time stamp when no active one can be
found.   I just pushed this change.

- Carsten