[Orgmode] Re: Latex export error in tables

From: Manish
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Latex export error in tables
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 18:27:48 +0530

2009/2/8 Flávio de Souza
[...]
> I tried with smaller files (only one dynamic block) but the problem
> seems to disappear. I made some other attempts, but all useless. So I
> think is something related with all those blocks I am using in this
> particular org file.

Did those other files contain utf-8 characters?

> Problem happens 100% time when using my complete, that's the reason I
> sent the whole file.

[snip: pdflatex compile log]
> (/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/babel.def))) (./projeto.aux)
> Runaway argument?
> {\contentsline {subsection}{\numberline {4.1}Por qu\GenericError {(in\ETC.
> ! File ended while scanning use of address@hidden
> <inserted text>
>        \par
> l.14 \begin{document}
>
> (/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/supp-pdf.tex
> ) (/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/hyperref/nameref.sty
> (/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/oberdiek/refcount.sty)) (./projeto.out)
> (./projeto.out)
>
> ! Package inputenc Error: Unicode char \u8:ávi not set up for use with LaTeX.

I think this is an issue at a more fundamental level than with export to Latex
from Org.  Are you able to compile *any* utf-8 encoded tex file to PDF in your
setup at all (whether generated by Org or something else?)  I am no unicode
expert.  May be you would like to pursue this issue in parallel in some
tex|latex|pdflatex group as well?

--
Manish