Re: [Orgmode] Re: Setting recurring deadlines

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Setting recurring deadlines
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 22:37:15 +0100

Try thinking about the last day of the month being one day before the first day of the next month.....

- Carsten

On Feb 9, 2009, at 10:07 PM, Tassilo Horn wrote:

Manish <address@hidden> writes:

I am having trouble with something pretty basic. I am trying to setup
a recurring deadline on the last day of every month. However, when I
set it as <2009-02-28 +1m>, the next deadline shows up at 2009-03-28,
rather than 31st March.

I don't use appt/diary. Is there a way to do this in org-mode?

Currently not possible to the best of my knowledge.  IMHO, including
via diary seems to be a reasonable workaround.

I was curious how to get that done, but I couldn't find a diary for
"each last day of a month" in diary, too.  "Each second thursday in a
month" is on emacswiki, but all those complex dates I found are wired to
a specific day of the week...

Bye,
Tassilo