Re: [Orgmode] Docs submitted (Was Re: Advice sought on managing decisio

From: Manish
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Docs submitted (Was Re: Advice sought on managing decision alternatives.)
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 18:20:41 +0530

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 4:18 AM, Tom Breton (Tehom) wrote:
>> With three choices for choosenness, it works as I expected (only one
>> item in CHOSEN state at a time) but for more choices like:
>>
>> #+CHOOSE_TODO: REJECTED(r) NOT_CHOSEN(n,-) MAYBE(,0)
>> LEANING_TOWARDS(l) CHOSEN(c,+)
>>
>> it allows multiple items to be in CHOSEN state. How do we interpret
>> that?
>
> I couldn't reproduce this. Is this on the same test file as before?

Sorry for the delay in reply, Tom.  I reproduce the situation below:

First the test file.

#+CHOOSE_TODO: REJECTED(r) NOT_CHOSEN(n,-) MAYBE(,0)
LEANING_TOWARDS(l) CHOSEN(c,+)

* Which editor to use?
*** LEANING_TOWARDS Emacs
*** LEANING_TOWARDS Vim
*** LEANING_TOWARDS Textmate
*** REJECTED Gedit
*** REJECTED Textpad

0. I have latest org-choose loaded, org-mode restarted, and local
   setup refreshed.
1. S-right on the second item to switch it to CHOSEN state.  It works.
2. Now S-right on the first item to switch it to CHOSEN state.  Also
   works.

Both entries stay at CHOSEN state whereas I expected the second entry
to switch to a NON-CHOSEN state (possibly switching just one state
backwards not all the way back to REJECTED, but then I do not yet
understand it fully.)

Is this the right behaviour?  If yes, please help me understand this a
little.  Or could I be doing or have something wrong in my setup?

Regards,
--
Manish