Re: [Orgmode] Docs submitted (Was Re: Advice sought on managing decision

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Docs submitted (Was Re: Advice sought on managing decision alternatives.)
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 16:25:07 -0500

Tom Breton (Tehom) <address@hidden> wrote:

> What version is this?  Because that's clearly not what it does on emacs
> 21.3.1. Here simple.el does not have (provide 'simple) in it.
>
> I see no provision for accepting a symbol in eval-after-load.  The test it
> uses is just:
>
>         (assoc file load-history)
>
> The cars of load-history are all strings, so I can't see how it would find
> a symbol among them.  And it continues to stubbornly return a 1 for that
> example when I use 'simple.

23.0.60, but I also checked 22.1 and that contains both the feature
and the "smarter" eval-after-load.

> Clearly something has changed across versions.

Clearly, but 21.3.1 is ancient: it was released March 24, 2003 (and the
emacs page also indicates that 21.4 was released to fix a security hole,
so one way or another, you should upgrade.)

Regards,
Nick