Re: [Orgmode] Re: Suppress linkification of external links possible?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Suppress linkification of external links possible?
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 22:27:22 +0100

On Feb 17, 2009, at 2:05 PM, Ulf Stegemann wrote:

Thank you for all the quick responses :)

Unfortunately, none of the proposed solutions really applies to the
problem I have (That's however entirely my fault, I should have made
things a bit clearer.).

The workarounds (except for one) concentrate on making a link caused by a literal invalid address to become a valid link. However, what I like to achieve is some sort of escaping that prevents org-mode from generating
a link at all (especially for HTML exporting).

Giovanni Ridolfi <address@hidden> wrote:

You can write:

1. [[ ][http://gateway.example.org]]
   ^^^ please note the space here
  when converted it should refer to
  http://your-server/yourfile#

Works, but still creates a link.

2. use valid addresses ;-)

Unfortunately, this isn't an option.

Sebastian Rose <address@hidden> wrote:

a dirty hackish aproach:

(defun sr-no-link (href)
 "Links, that are no links"
 "#")

(setq org-link-abbrev-alist
'(("man" . "http://localhost/devel/man.php?q=man&amp;what= %s")
        ;; ... many more ...
        ("dummy" . sr-no-link))

 [[dummy:][http://gateway.example.org]]

It's still displayed as link then, but the browsers do nothing ;-)

Goes in the same direction: a link is still created.

Matthew Lundin <address@hidden> wrote:

You can customize the variable org-activate-links and remove "plain"
from the list.

This would work (I guess), but is AFAIK to be set globally, thus
resulting in the loss of all other plain text links.

What I was originally looking for was some sort of escape
character/special markup that would prevent creating links at all, like
\http://...\ . This would also allow us to use other markups on plain
text links, something that - AFAIK - is currently not possible (like
=\http:...\=).

Indeed, something like =http://a.com= should work, this is a bug.
I have just fixed it.

Using "=" does have a specified markup, but you can change it
or add a new markup by customizing `org-emphasis-alist'.

For example, you could make it look like this:

(("*" bold "<b>" "</b>")
 ("/" italic "<i>" "</i>")
("_" underline "<span style=\"text-decoration:underline;\">" "</ span>")
 ("=" org-code "<code>" "</code>" verbatim)
 ("~" org-verbatim "<code>" "</code>" verbatim)
 (";" org-verbatim "<i>" "</i>" verbatim))

where I have added the last line, so that

 ;http://google.com;

will be interpreted verbatim, and typeset in italic.

HTH

- Carsten