Re: [Orgmode] Some in-file properties and other settings not recognized

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Some in-file properties and other settings not recognized
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 13:30:07 +0100

Hi Paul,

On Feb 19, 2009, at 1:17 PM, Paul Mead wrote:

I have the ORDERED property set for some of my tasks, and org-mode is
configured to dim blocked tasks.

However, in agenda view, the tasks are not dimmed. If I then go to the
PROPERTIES drawer and press C-c C-c and the refresh the agenda, the
blocked tasks dim correctly.

When you press C-c C-c at a property drawer or at a property drawer,
you are presented with e menu.  What option do you select?

Similarly, I have (setq org-agenda-align-tags-to-column 100) in my
configuration file. This setting is also not recognised when I show my
task list. I have to open my config file (pdm-org.el), go to the line in question and hit C-x C-e. Then when I refresh the agenda view, the tags
all shift to the right columns.

This must mean that your file pdm-org.el is not read at all, or
not read in time for the agenda construction, or that the setting
is overwritten in some other place, for example by a
custom-set-variables form in another init file.

Or maybe you have first

(org-agenda-list)

in .emacs, and then

(load-file "~/pdm-org.el")

or some trick like this?

This is happening the same on two machines (both Windows I'm afraid),
with org-mode versions reported as 6.22b and 6.22trans.

I still have my earlier problem with the stuck projects view not
ignoring inherited tags.

I do not remember this one, can you send a link to the message?

- Carsten