Re: [Orgmode] Stuck projects not ignoring inherited tags

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Stuck projects not ignoring inherited tags
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 15:59:32 +0100

On Feb 13, 2009, at 4:29 PM, Paul Mead wrote:

Hi, I've tried to configure stuck projects to ignore my 'Someday / maybe' tree, by tagging the heading with 'someday' and then setting org-stuck- projects to
ignore it.

I've used Customize, but the code in .emacs comes out as:

'(org-stuck-projects (quote ("+LEVEL=2/-DONE" ("TODO" "WAITING" "AGENDA"
"STARTED") ("someday") ""))))

Unfortunately it doesn't ignore the subtrees unless I directly tag each item.

That is right, the tags part (where you use "someday")
is not a full tags matcher, it does not consider inheritance,
only local tags.

However, you can do this in the initial match.  Make it

  "+LEVEL>=2-someday/-DONE"

note that the level is >=2, not =2 anymore.

Alternatively, write your own skipping condition
`using org-agenda-skip-subtree-if'.

Is there a way of setting this up so that it ignores the inherited tags? Also, is there any syntax documentation for this variable, as I dislike using
Customize.

The docstring of that variable does describe what its value
needs to look like.  Is that not extensive enough?

- Carsten