Re: [Orgmode] Problems with refiling

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Problems with refiling
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 11:05:06 +0100

On Feb 19, 2009, at 6:32 PM, Peter Westlake wrote:

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 16:29 +0100, "Carsten Dominik"
<address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Peter,

I am still having problems reproducing.
What am I missing?

The answer appears to be: partial-completion-mode.

I repeated the steps exactly, then tried again on a machine with the
same Emacs and Org but no customisation apart from the org-refile
variables. It worked there, suggesting that the problem must be in my
.emacs, and partial-completion-mode was an obvious suspect. It was
switched on (t), and switching it off cured the problem!

OK, I am now forcing it off while refile targets are completed.

There are definitely too many plug-ins which mess around
with completion, and too many people who forget what they
have turned on some day in the past :-)

Thanks for getting to the bottom of it.

- Carsten