[Orgmode] Re: time tracking common activities

From: Peter Jones
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: time tracking common activities
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 08:45:40 -0700

David Bremner <address@hidden> writes:
> J Aaron Farr wrote:
>>
>>I'm using org-mode to track my time on projects and todo items, but
>>I'd also like to start tracking time I spend on things such as my
>>email, reading rss feeds, etc.  I'd prefer to continue to use
>>org-mode for that so that all my time tracking is in one place with
>>one system.
>
> I guess you would still have to think about comfortable ways to find
> the right file/buffer and clock in there.

I think this is probably the key to making this successful.  If it takes
you too long to locate the headings, you won't bother clocking in.

What's the best way to quickly get to a heading?

I'd have to say that using isearch (C-s) is the fastest method to find a
heading.  There's also org-goto, but it requires extra steps.

What are other people doing to quickly get to a specific heading?

--
Peter Jones, http://pmade.com
pmade inc.  Louisville, CO US