Re: [Orgmode] bug? in orgstruct-mode

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] bug? in orgstruct-mode
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 18:39:23 +0100

Hi Austin,

yes, this is something I have been missing myself.

However, the problem is the following:

orgstruct-mode is a mode that steals away bindings from the major mode
and overrules them in certain contexts.  In general, it does make sense
to keep the regions where this applies small, so that the normal
functions bound to the same keys can do there thing everywhere else.

You are describing here a case, where you actually never want to use
the original function of that key M-RET, right?

In this case you can just totally rebind that key with something like

(defun org-run-insert-heading ()
   (interactive)
   (run-like-in-org-mode 'org-insert-heading))

and binding it to M-RET in the major mode map.

What I have now done as well is to extend orgstruct++-mode so that it will
do what you ask for.  You neet to pull the git version for this change.

- Carsten