[Orgmode] Re: Wrong type argument: sequencep, quote

From: Ross A. Laird
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Wrong type argument: sequencep, quote
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 14:09:27 -0800

>>> What is the value or org-drawers?
>>>
>>> What is your #+OPTIONS line?

I do not have an options line.

[snip: original question (11 lines)]>>

>> #+DRAWERS: HIDDEN PROPERTIES STATE PRIVATE
>
> This line is correct, and when activated by loading such a buffer,
> or by pressing C-c C-c in the line, it will actually change org-drawers.

Yes, this works now.
I discovered that I had a *second* drawers setting at the end of the
file, under Local Variables. This second entry, which I copied from the
list archive, said this:

-# Local Variables:
-# org-drawers: '("PROPERTIES" "CLOCK" "MYDRAW")
-# End:

I did not change the final MYDRAW, but I suspect that it should have
said PRIVATE, the name of my drawer. I suspect, though I am not certain,
that the duplication of this line contributed to or caused my problem. After I
removed the above three lines, html export worked.

> Let me repeat:  Do you have an #+OPTIONS line?  what does it say?

No options line.

> Please verify the value of org-drawers in the buffer where
> you use this.

I'm not sure what you are asking for. The only drawer-related items I
have in the file (other than those native to org) are the drawer itself
and the line at the top of the file beneath the startup line:

#+STARTUP:overview logdone
#+DRAWERS: HIDDEN PROPERTIES STATE PRIVATE

That's it. No org-drawers value other than this. And this is part of my
problem. I can find no documentation (either in the manual or on this
list) as to what I'm supposed to do with org-drawers. The documentation
says this must be configured, but does not show how. For a non-programmer,
this presents a challenge. (Or, it may be in the documentation somewhere,
but I could not find it.)

> Don't try to minimize the information you give us, maximize it.

I hope this gives you enough. It's working now, though I still have not
configured anything special and do not know how to use org-drawers.
Inferring from the line that I removed, the following is perhaps the
value of org-drawers that I should use:

# org-drawers: '("HIDDEN" "PROPERTIES" "STATE" "PRIVATE")

Is the above the same as:

#+DRAWERS: HIDDEN PROPERTIES STATE PRIVATE

I assume there is a difference that is useful in some way, but I do not
know enough about programming to figure this out.

Cheers.

Ross