Re: [Orgmode] Re: ascii export of url part of links possible?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: ascii export of url part of links possible?
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 21:21:04 +0100

On 2009-02-25, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
I have been thinking that it might be better to force links into
footnotes for ascii export.....

What do you think?

I, for one, would find this very attractive.  And it's in line with
what some of the text based web browsers generate in ascii dumps of
web pages.

I think that's a good idea, as well.  It might even be particularly
nice to format the links and the footnotes in such a way that a
[Markdown][1] processor could understand them.

[1]: http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/

Hmmm, I see what you mean - but I don't think that is a realistic
use case.  If you have an org document, would you then want to go
through ASCII and then markdown for HTML instead of using the direct
route?

And I think that

   I get 10 times more traffic from [Google] than from
   [Yahoo] or [MSN].

is still easier to read than

   I get 10 times more traffic from [Google][] than from
   [Yahoo][] or [MSN][].

So I would need a convincing argument to make it exactly
markdown format.

- Carsten