Re: [Orgmode] bug? setting todo keywords

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] bug? setting todo keywords
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 15:25:11 +0100

Hi Giovanni,

I am doing exactly what you do:  C-c C-e after the setq form, then
M-x normal-mode.

Works perfectly.

The only reason I can think of is that you somehow managed to make
org-todo-keywords a local variable.  This can happen with
a File Variable section in the buffer, or if you
have something like

(make-variable-buffer-local 'org-todo-keywords)

in .emacs or elsewhere.

You can check in the org buffer with

C-h v org-todo-keywords RET

If the variable is local in that buffer, the Help window will say so.

org-todo-keywords should *not* be a local variable.

However, if it is, your setq evaluation will set the local value
only.  Then you restart the major mode with normal-mode or similar,
and the first thing this will do is *deleting* all local variables.

HTH

- Carsten