Re: [Orgmode] Is column view buggy?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Is column view buggy?
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 10:37:49 +0100

Hi Daniel,

On Mar 4, 2009, at 10:21 AM, Daniel Clemente wrote:

Hi,

I don't know if it's just my setup, but I see many problems when using column view (C-c C-x C-c) on org6.23trans+Emacs23(Bazaar), specially with lots of properties in long lines (more than 1 visual line) or folded contents (where the ellipsis ... is visible). For instance:

1. The cursor isn't visible sometimes when it is over a header which has the ellipsis (...) at the end.

I have never seen this one.

2. When I press the up/down arrows, the cursor goes to the upper/ lower line, but 1 cell to the right. This happens just for the first up/down movement after a left/right one.

Yes, this I have seen, and now fixed.

3. Sometimes the cursor is locked in a cell and I can't move it down with the down arrow key (however, up/left/right work).

I have not seen that either, maybe you can create a reproducible test case?

These problems seem difficult to debug, since I have many possible causes (color theme, changed colors, fonts, changed ellipsis, maybe wrong configuration, …).
Should I report these problems in detail or are they already known?

Detailed report with test case will make them more likely to be fixed.

- Carsten