Re: R: [Orgmode] Show parent header in agenda

From: Ivan Nedrehagen
Subject: Re: R: [Orgmode] Show parent header in agenda
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 15:51:28 +0100

På Fri, 06 Mar 2009 15:36:55 +0100, skrev Giovanni Ridolfi <address@hidden>:

Why don't you use tags?
-------------------
    -*- mode: org; -*-

** Fix the annoying bug  :bug:
*** TODO Test
** Create the do-it-all-function :function:
*** TODO Test
------------
In the agenda you'll find:

file:        TODO bug              :bug::
file:        TODO funct             :function:

cheers,
Giovanni

I look at tags as a way of categorizing my items. Using a tag for each header is excessive. I have perhaps about 100 such main headers, that is a lot of different tags. Also some of these tags would have to be quite long to describe the problem.

One real header:
***** TODO [#A] Spindle axis calibration: Disconnect sensor before rotating

If you ask me, that is quite a large tag.

I have exactly nine tags which is use for categorizing everything i do.
In that way I know all my tags by heart, and can look up my NEXT items
in a good GTD fashion depending on context.