[Orgmode] Re: done-ing a repeating scheduled task now inserts closed tim

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: done-ing a repeating scheduled task now inserts closed timestamp?
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 08:41:38 +0100

Hi Manuel,

first of all, you don't need to take notes into the LOGBOOK drawer.
If that is off, notes will be just added after the heading.

Second, setting the properties for logstate or lognotestate
is actually not necessary at all, my mistake.
It is sufficient to have org-log-repeat set, and the default
is `time', so you should automatically get a time stamp each
time an entry repeats.  Don't you?

About the behavior in the agenda, I think it is already
very nice of me :-) to show you the task as DONE until the
next refresh - because in the original buffer, is is actually
already TODO again.

If you always want to see state changes when you press `l' in the
agenda (i.e. by default, without pressing `C-u l'), then you
can configure the variable org-agenda-log-mode-items to include
also the symbol `state'.

For the copying, I think we really need to make a difference
between a single task that repeats, and many similar tasks,
which is what you are talking about.

A single task that repeats is the current behavior, and I still
believe it makes sense this way.

Why, if you want to have many tasks instead of one, don't
you just create many directly, with different dates.  A keyboard
macro would work for this, or a little function that does the
copying and time shifting.

I may make a function that copies a task N times
with a certain date shift.

The more I think about the automatic copying when DONE, the less
sense it makes to me, I am afraid.

- Carsten