[Orgmode] Re: Article: Synchronizing org Files Using bzr and git

From: Yuval Hager
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Article: Synchronizing org Files Using bzr and git
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 17:19:45 +0200

On Friday 06 March 2009, Ian Barton wrote:
> > First of all, I do not control in any way what gets on Worg.
> > Bastien set up Worg as user-edited content, and this is what
> > it should be.
> >
> > If you aks my opinion, I think your tutorial is *exactly* what
> > Worg was made for!  I have not studied it in detail, but
> > it looks useful, addresses a subject that has almost become
> > a FAQ.  And if it is up on Worg, bugs will be fixed
> > and improvements made.
> >
> > So please feel free to add your tutorial to Worg.
> > The best place would be the org-tutorial directory, and
> > you should then make a link from the index.org in that
> > same directory.  After pushing, it will take 1.5 hours or
> > less to appear on the web.
>
> OK, it's now on Worg.

I can't find it (I'm rather new to all this).

One thing that confused me is that I tried to work with two machines,
without a server. Figuring git is distributed, I thought I do not need a
server, and I tried to follow the tutorial. Obviously, I got hit when I
performed a 'git push' onto a non-bare repository (now I know what these
things mean ;).
I now know not to use 'push' and can get along fine with just 'pull'-ing. I
think the tutorial might be better if you either mention how to work
without a server, or just put a big note not to push onto a non-server
branch (There is a note there, but it was probably not big enough for me ;)

Thanks for a great tutorial. You made me cross the git barrier. Once I'm on
the other side, nothing would take me back (same way I felt about org-mode
after seeing Russell Adams' video).

--
yuval